Blib...Blog...Blib...

Monday, January 30, 2006

FoxIt PDF Reader

I recently made a discovery which could prove to be life-changing, to a lot of people...

I came across an application that opens a standard sized PDF document in less than 45 minutes.....

So, I know what you're probably thinking - that I'm some sort of wacko, who's found a new outlet to spout my heresy - but as you're still here, I guess that a small part of you believes that it might just be possible.

The application in question is FoxIt Reader, and you can browse over to here to find out more about it.

It's a single exe file in a zip download; it checks file associations and stuff when it first runs up, so it's probably best to extract it to your required location first, rather than executing it from the zip.

Double-clicking on a PDF file results in between 0.5 - 1 second delay in opening the file, which I guess just sounds like a make-believe, but you've really got to see it to believe it.

I'd really like to know how Adobe can justify the bloat that is Adobe Reader, when it is quite obviously not a laborious task to open these type of files.

Thanks to Roy Osherove for the heads up.

[Update: FoxIt integrates fine for opening PDFs in Internet Explorer, but for Firefox the following article on Dror Engel's blog may be of interest]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home